The Amani Butterfly Projectnschelling@gmail.com
A non-profit organization that helps 400 rural Tanzanians from 6 villages in the East Usambara Mountains farm and market native butterflies. The mission of the project is to reduce poverty and create incentive for forest conservation.
Project URL:The Amani Butterfly Project
- More than 50% of the farmers are women
- Butterfly farmers receive about 70% of all project sales while the other 30% goes to cover project staff salaries and operating costs
- 10% of butterfly farmer earnings go to a village development fund